Construction Law Kalamazoo Attorneys

Construction Law

Construction Law Attorneys in Kalamazoo

Your Business. Your Estate. Your Law Firm
Construction Attorney in Kalamazoo. Construction disputes usually involve serious damages. The construction lawyers at Keilen Law can help. Construction based claims often involve:

  • delay and labor claims;
  • payment claims;
  • breach of contract;
  • quality of work claims;
  • change orders;
  • change of conditions;
  • quantum meruit and unjust enrichment;
  • intellectual property claims;
  • and lien/bond claims.
Whether you are a contractor, sub-contractor, construction customer, or other interested party, you need to know your rights. The construction lawyers at Keilen Law have brought construction claims, defended them, and have even been selected to act as neutral arbitrators for such disputes. Construction contracting is complex and very litigious. Thus, your construction attorney must be familiar with the Construction Lien Act, Act 497 of 1980 (the “Michigan Construction Lien Act”), among other important statutes and updates. Your lawyer must understand the timelines associated with liens, a notice of furnishing, and related statutory obligations.

A well drafted contract can help avoid construction based disputes; unfortunately, in some cases, even a well drafted construction agreement does not avoid a dispute. Because construction law involves very tight timelines, it is important to act quickly. You need to know your rights and obligations. For example, under Michigan law, certain notices and postings are required at a construction site, and the consequences for failing to provide them, or recognize them, can be serious; thus, if you are a construction contractor, developer, or customer, contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation regarding your construction matter, and how we can help.

Related Construction Law Articles

Initial Consultation

For more information, or to schedule your initial consultation, please contact us and send a short summary of your legal matter.

Request a Consultation