Child Injury Lawyers
As parents and caretakers of young children, you want to do everything necessary to ensure the wellbeing of your kids.
Child Injury Attorneys in Kalamazoo
When one of your children is injured, you naturally want to fight back against the person or entity that caused the injury. While this may not be your best physical solution, there are some other ways you can fight back. At Keilen Law, PLC, we are your child injury lawyers, working to ensure your child’s injuries do not go unnoticed and do not cause a financial burden on your family.
Common Injuries Among Children
When it comes to personal injury in children versus adults, there are some noticeable differences. For example, there aren’t as many poisoning cases in adults as there are in children and teens. Playground injuries are also much higher in children. Some other common injuries among children include:
- Car Accidents – Children as susceptible to being injured in automobile crashes, especially when they are not properly restrained.
- Dog Bites – Children are curious, they love animals, and they sometimes don’t understand keeping a distance from dogs they don’t know. That’s when dog bites happen.
- Drowning – One in four water-related injuries in children end in death, making drowning the second cause of death and injury in children under 14 years of age.
- Fire – Though a house fire impacts the entire family, more children suffer injury than their adult family members.
- Firework Injuries – Young children who don’t understand the risks of playing with fireworks, as well as carefree teenagers, are often the victims of firework injuries.
Hiring a Lawyer from Keilen Law
When your child is involved in these or other personal injuries, you could benefit from the assistance of an attorney. Lawyers for children are experienced in dealing with similar issues. They can coach you through seeking a case, collecting evidence, filing the case, and making your way through the legal process. Some proof your lawyer will help you obtain includes:
There was a breach of duty. Someone had a duty of care for your child, whether it was a babysitter, a product manufacturer, or someone else. Your lawyer will help you track down the individual responsible and show he or she breached that duty.
The breach caused the injury. Your lawyer can also help you prove the breach of duty was the direct cause of your child’s injury.
The liable party owes you damages. Whether this is medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, or emotional trauma, your lawyer can help you determine which damages to seek.
Get Started Right Away!
If your child was injured, you could be due compensation from the responsible party. To learn more about how you need to go about that, contact Keilen Law, today by filling out our online request form or call (269) 382-4818 to schedule an appointment.
As a financial planner in Kalamazoo, it is nice to have someone like Adam that I feel confident referring my clients to for Intellectual Property and Estate Planning advice. I have referred over 10 clients to him and he has done an excellent job with all of them