Tyler R. Covell
Tyler R. Covell
Tyler Covell joined Keilen Law, PLC in 2022. He comes to the firm after spending three years working in the Office of the General Counsel for AF Group, a holding company for various workers’ compensation insurance brands. Most recently, he worked as a Legislative Analyst in the Government Affairs department. He is licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan.
Tyler graduated magna cum laude from Albion College in 2016 with a B.A. in economics and business and earned his law degree from Michigan State University College of Law in 2020. While at Albion College, he was a member of the Carl A. Gerstacker Institute for Business and Management, and he was the captain of the Albion College Men’s Golf team. During his time in law school, he served as Treasurer of the Business and Securities Law Institute and as Vice President of the Sports Law Society. He completed internships during law school with the Kent County Circuit Court and legal department of AF Group.
Tyler was born and raised in West Michigan. He has spent most of his life living in the area and currently lives in Grand Rapids. In his free time, he is an avid golfer and enjoys spending time outdoors. He is passionate about giving back to his community, and he regularly volunteers with the Cedar Springs High School Athletic Department.
- State of Michigan, 2021
- Michigan State University College of Law – Juris Doctor, 2020
- Albion College – Bachelor of Arts in Economics/Business, magna cum laude, 2016
- Muskegon Community College – Associate of Science and Arts, 2014
- Athletic Event Announcer – Cedar Springs High School, 2021 – Present
- Volunteer Assistant Football Coach – Cedar Springs High School, 2022 – Present
- Volunteer Assistant Basketball Coach – Charlotte High School, 2020 – 2021
- Volunteer Assistant Golf Coach – Cedar Springs High School, 2016 – 2018